Gods presence and pursuit
My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest” are from Exodus 33:14.
“My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.”— Exodus 33:14
What is God’s rest?
God’s rest does not necessarily mean that there will be no work, battles, decisions or difficult seasons. It means you no longer have to carry life alone.
Rest from striving— you do not have to force everything to happen.
Rest from fear— you may not know what is ahead, but God goes ahead of you.
Rest from carrying everything alone — the weight of your future is not yours to carry by yourself.
Rest from needing all the answers— you can take the next step even when you cannot see the whole journey.
Rest in your identity — you do not have to chase people, validation, love or acceptance to prove your worth.
Rest in surrender— saying, “Lord, not my will, not my timing, not my way. Let Your purpose be fulfilled in me.”
In Exodus 33, Moses essentially tells God: If Your Presence does not go with us, we do not want to go. That is a powerful place of surrender.
Perhaps your prayer in this season is:
“God, I do not want to move ahead of You anymore. I have tried to walk in my own strength. Now, I need Your Presence more than I need answers. Go with me. Lead me. Close the doors that are not for me. Show me the way I should walk. I surrender my plans, desires, relationships, future and fears to You. If You are not in it, I do not want it. Teach me to rest not because life is easy, but because You are with me.”
And this is the beautiful promise: God's rest is not always the absence of trouble. Sometimes it is the presence of God in the middle of it.
Jesus also says:
“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.”— Matthew 11:28
You do not have to figure out your whole life today. Just stay close to the One who knows the way. His Presence goes with you. And as you surrender each step, He gives you rest.
MNCOLLECTIVE INSIGHTS UNFILTERED BELIEVE BRAND BUILD AFRICA
Comments
Post a Comment