The Hardest and Worse Day of My Life:
The Hardest Day of My Life: To New Beginnings
July 29, 2026 Today marks the end of an era and the end of an obsession. Welcome to new beginnings.
I have just walked through a deeply painful ordeal, the worst day of my life. The man I thought was my everything has been cheating on me with another woman. They have been living together all this time, and they even have two children together.
The signs were there. This did not catch me completely by surprise; I knew in my spirit it was only a matter of time before God revealed the truth. For years, I lived a lie, telling everyone we were married while we lived apart. He stalled my life. Today I know you attract who you are.I was his reflection. I have no one to blame but myself. Today I sit alone piecing my life together again with God's help while his life continues.
All along, he was with someone else. I loved this man deeply, since I was 18 years old. We have a child together, and I always held onto the hope that we would finally walk down the aisle and live happily ever after. I turned away good men genuine prospects who wanted to settle down with me because when I give, I give my all. I gave him everything, and he took me for granted.
But God had a plan to rescue me from this deception. On Sunday the 26th, our sermon was about being alert to the world’s principalities. Last week, we fasted about a global situation, and during that fast, God explicitly told me to continue fasting every Tuesday and Thursday to draw closer to Him for my elevation. On Tuesday the 28th, I continued my fast. God gave me His word on walking with humility, gratitude, and a contrite heart, promising that He would have mercy and help me.
That same day, the man came to see me at work. He was quiet, asking God "why." Our relationship had moments that never made sense, and now I finally understand why. In the morning, he came to visit me drunk. For years, my naive self would have vouched for him, insisting he would never cheat. He claimed he was unwell, dealing with withdrawal and rehab at his parents' home after quitting smoking, and just wanted to be left alone.
When he left, I told his driver, "Please take care of him." A heavy spirit felt like it was hovering around him. At one point I even thought, What if this is the last time? What if he is saying goodbye? I thank God it wasn't a physical goodbye, but a final goodbye to my obsession with him.
We stayed in touch throughout the day. As I was going to bed around 9:57 PM, I felt a sudden urge to call him. He didn’t answer. Moments later, my phone rang. It was Paul the Uber driver introduced to me by a neighbor, whom I had also introduced to him. Paul called me in a panic: "Your husband has been in a bad accident. He’s been rushed to the hospital."
For a second, I thought it was a joke. But God had already hinted at something that morning. I woke up, changed, knelt down to pray, and rushed out with my daughter, who heard the call and was crying in a panic. When we reached the scene, the car was badly damaged, but he had already been taken away to a nearby hospital. We left Paul behind to protect the vehicle from being vandalized and rushed to the hospital.
We found him conscious and able to talk. After his vitals checked out okay, he was discharged, but we needed to transfer him to another hospital for extensive scans to rule out internal injuries. While they took him ahead in my car, I stayed behind to process the hospital payments.
Once finished, Paul who had now arrived at the hospital accompanied me inside. Talk about destiny helpers and connectors. That very morning, I had challenged God, saying, "You have used me to connect so many people to great things. Show me and give me my destiny helpers spiritually, physically, maritally, financially, and in my career to fulfill my destiny." God answered by using an Uber driver i had met a few months before who was coming from Nyeri that fateful night. If it weren't for Paul, the truth would still be hidden, and I would still be wasting my years being taken for a ride. I thought I was his partner, but we were two of us. I was the other woman all along.
As Paul and I walked up to the second hospital, I saw her: the other woman, whom I had known about for a long time. The truth is, he had been playing us both, but mostly me, for over nine years when we reconnected. I immediately called his sister and asked, "I've just seen that girl here. Are they together?
Then something inside me whispered, Don’t be petty. Walk in. The accident victim is more important than your insecurities.
I walked in and saw her at the counter, signing his admission papers. It felt unbelievable. I felt lost, scared, and confused. I walked over to where his mother, father, friends, and family were gathered just to say hello and hand his mother the medical report from the first hospital. As I hugged his mother, she leaned in and whispered, "Please go. Samara not her real name is here, and I don't want a fight. Please leave. Na sina ubaya (And I mean no harm)."
My feet froze. I felt deeply despised, rejected, and shamed. Out of everyone standing there, I was the one told to leave. My daughter was sitting in the waiting area and saw it happen. I called her over, but before I turned away, my eyes locked with the man I had loved since I was 17. I couldn't believe it. Everything I had doubted was true. I had been played beautifully. I was the mistress. Yet, he had introduced me to his parents and friends, he came to my home to greet my father, and he even helped care for my daughter, who wasn't biologically his. He did a number on me.
His sister had thrown hints over the years, and I had discerned them, but I chose to ignore them. I called her from the car. I realize she tried to warn me, but blood is thicker than water. She had told me once, "If anything ever happens between you and my brother, we will break up as in-laws but remain friends forever." Now, she told me everything. My worst fear was confirmed: they didn't just have one child; he had impregnated her again. They have two children.and have been living together.
As I sat in the car, no tears came. I was completely numb. Is this how it feels when you lose someone close? I sat there with my daughter, begged God for the strength to drive, and we headed home in the dead of night. I thank God for my daughter’s presence. She was my burden-bearer; if I had been alone, I would have lost my mind.
On the drive, I looked at her and said, "It shall be well. Mama is strong, and with God on our side, we will be fine. We live to fight another day."
When we got home, I called my son (his son) to the car at 3:50am. We explained the entire episode to him. He was deeply hurt because he saw me hurting, and I finally cried a little. One thing I love about my relationship with my children is our absolute openness. I reassured them, "It is well. Mama is a beast, and we are strong. We are moving on to bigger and better things."
We prayed, and Psalm 51 came directly to my spirit. I asked God not to put me to shame, and He never has. I had asked Him to reveal the truth of this relationship, and He did. It took an accident to pull back the curtain, but thank God he survived, and I genuinely wish him well. But today, the era of being fooled is over.
I am grateful to God for revealing the truth at the perfect time. Two by two, we begin afresh. I am asking God for divine speed and elevation so that no one will ever question the God I serve. I want people to reference my life when they think of the power of the Bible. I don’t know what my tomorrow holds, but I know who holds my tomorrow, and it will be infinitely better than today. My God will not shame me; He will prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies.
It hurts terribly to know that everyone surrounding him knew the truth and played me for a fool. No one told me anything. But today, I am trading this pain. I am giving up this obsession for God to show up and show off in my life.
I am starting afresh: a new home, a new estate, and eventually, a new man to settle down with in a happy, healthy marriage that will make my parents proud. I still believe in love. I was born to be loved loudly and properly and fulfill God ordained pirpose with.the special one God preserved for me.
We begin afresh stronger, better, more audacious, and bolder. I will live to declare the goodness of God in the land of the living for me and my children. Life can flip fast. I always pray that the peace and joy I wake up with is the same peace and joy I go to bed with. Remarkably, tonight, I am at peace. I am still full of joy despite.
I am taking time off from work to just sit back and remain in God's presence. God, have your way. Provide abundantly for me and my children. Change our location, our house, our car, and our lives for a better, bigger, vibrant, and fulfilling future. No eye has seen, and no ear has heard what God is about to do for us.
I will raise my son to be a great man one who will never do to someone else's daughter what his father did to me. He is not his father. He will be an exceptional man. A present Father to his children and a loving faithful husband to his wife.
As for my daughter am more than sure she never attract losers. She knows herself. She is self aware. She knows who she is and has identity.
Signing off at 4:35 AM. 29th July 2026.
MNCOLLECTIVE INSIGHTS UNFILTERED BELIEVE BRAND BUILD AFRICA
Comments
Post a Comment