LORD, PURIFY MY DESIRES
LORD, PURIFY MY DESIRES
Father, in the name of Jesus, I surrender my desires to You.
Remove from me every unhealthy attachment, lustful desire and craving that has been controlling my thoughts, choices or relationships.
Let lust not control my life.
Let lust not control my decisions.
Let lust not determine who I give access to.
Teach me to distinguish lust from love, attraction from alignment, chemistry from compatibility, and attention from intention.
I don't want to choose a man simply because there is physical attraction.
I want alignement, compatibility, purpose to lead me.
I want character to lead me.
I want wisdom to lead me.
I want faith to lead me.
I want peace to lead me.
And Father, when the man You have for me comes, let there also be deep, genuine chemistry and friendship as a sound foundation.
Let there be attraction.
Let there be desire.
Let there be laughter, friendship, affection and intimacy.
But let our chemistry be within alignment, not instead of it.
Let the attraction draw us together, but let character, purpose, faith and covenant keep us together.
I pray for a man I am genuinely attracted to but whose character makes me feel safe.
A man whose presence awakens my heart without disturbing my peace.
A man with whom I can experience deep emotional, intellectual, spiritual and physical chemistry, while remaining grounded in wisdom and purpose.
Flee from sexual immorality.— 1 Corinthians 6:18
Father, teach me self-control.
Teach me patience.
Teach me discernment.
Teach me to wait until intimacy has the right foundation.
I will not use sex to secure love.
I will not use physical chemistry to excuse poor character.
I will not allow loneliness to lower my standards.
I will not allow desire to make decisions that wisdom should make.
My body will not lead where my spirit has not found peace.
My emotions will not lead where my discernment has not found alignment.
My desires will not lead where my purpose has not found direction.
I choose a love that is holy, passionate, intentional, joyful and lasting.
And when the right man comes, Father, let me not have to choose between peace and passion, purpose and chemistry, faith and attraction.
Let the right relationship carry both.
Let it be deep.
Let it be genuine.
Let it be passionate.
Let it be peaceful.
Let it be purposeful.
Let it be God-honoring.
I surrender my desires to You.
I will not be ruled by lust.
I will be led by wisdom.
I will be guided by purpose.
I will be grounded in faith.
And I will receive love with discernment.
In Jesus' name,
Amen.
🥰🥰
ReplyDelete