Just Do It

TAKE THE LEAP.

BUILD AFRICA THURSDAY | BUILDERS BUILD

Focus: Take the Leap. Repeat.

MN COLLECTIVE | INSIGHTS UNFILTERED

BELIEVE. BRAND. BUILD AFRICA.

There comes a point when thinking is no longer enough.

You have researched.

You have prayed.

You have planned.

You have asked questions.

You have considered what could go right and everything that could go wrong.

And eventually, you have to make a decision:

Will I take the leap?*

Because sometimes the only way to discover what is possible is to TRY.

IF YOU DON'T TRY, YOU MAY NEVER KNOW

What if it works?

What if the business succeeds?

What if they say yes?

What if the idea you have been sitting on solves a real problem?

What if that application opens a completely different chapter?

What if that conversation introduces you to someone who changes the trajectory of your life?

What if you discover that you are capable of far more than you imagined?

We spend so much time asking:

What if I fail?

Perhaps builders need to become equally comfortable asking:

What if I succeed?

You will never know from the sidelines.

At some point, you have to enter the arena.

Take the risk. Take the leap. Try.

FAITH DOES NOT ALWAYS COME WITH CERTAINTY

One of my favourite biblical pictures of taking a leap is Peter stepping out of the boat.

When Peter saw Jesus walking on the water, he said:

Lord, if it be thou, bid me come unto thee on the water— Matthew 14:28 (KJV)

Jesus answered with one word:

Come — Matthew 14:29 (KJV)

And Peter stepped out.

Think about that.

Peter could have stayed in the boat.

The boat was familiar.

The boat felt safer.

The boat was where everyone else was.

But Peter would never have discovered what was possible without first putting his foot over the side.

That is faith.

Not necessarily knowing exactly how everything will work out.

But being willing to move when it is time to move.

BUILDERS CANNOT BUILD FROM THE BOAT

Africa needs people willing to step out of familiar places, waiting and settling.

People willing to start businesses.

Build products.

Create technologies.

Enter new industries.

Write books.

Develop farms.

Build brands.

Create jobs.

Solve community problems.

Pitch ideas.

Try new models.

Challenge old assumptions.

And sometimes, fail.

Because building involves risk.

You cannot demand certainty before you begin.

There will always be reasons to wait.

I need more money.

I need another qualification.

I need the perfect partner.

I need someone to believe in me.

I need the economy to improve.

I need to know exactly how it will work.

Preparation matters. Wisdom matters. Planning matters.

But there is a point where preparation can quietly become procrastination disguised as wisdom.


TAKE THE LEAP. LEARN. REPEAT.

Taking the leap does not mean being reckless.

Faith is not foolishness.

Do your research.

Count the cost.

Seek wisdom.

Pray.

Understand the risk.

Prepare as well as you can.

Then, when it is time:

MOVE.

And if it doesn't work?

Learn.

Adjust.

Try again.

That is why the builder's process is not simply:

TAKE THE LEAP.

It is:

TAKE THE LEAP → LEARN → ADJUST → REPEAT.

Your first attempt may not work.

Your first business may fail.

Your first pitch may get rejected.

Your first product may need redesigning.

Your first strategy may be wrong.

Your first trial will not bore results.

But now you know something you could never have learned by simply standing on the sidelines thinking about it.

Action produces information.

And builders use that information to build better.

AFRICA NEEDS MORE PEOPLE WILLING TO TRY

Imagine what could happen if more Africans gave themselves permission to try.

Not recklessly.

Not blindly.

But courageously.

What if instead of waiting for someone else to create the opportunity, we attempted to build it?

What if young Africans learned that failure is not always the opposite of success sometimes it is part of learning how to succeed?

What if we raised a generation that could say:

I saw the problem.

I had an idea.

I tried.

It didn't work.

I learned.

I tried again.

And eventually, I built something that worked.

That is the builder's mindset.

WHATEVER IT IS—TRY.

There may be something you have been thinking about for months.

Maybe years.

A business.

An application.

A conversation.

A course.

A book.

A move.

A partnership.

An idea.

A dream you cannot seem to shake.

Perhaps you don't need another six months of thinking.

Perhaps the next step is simply to begin.

Start small if necessary.

Start imperfectly.

Start with what you have.

But start.

Because you can spend your entire life wondering what might have happened.

Or you can take the leap and find out.

Pray for wisdom.

Prepare well.

Take the risk.

Take the leap.

Learn.

Adjust.

Repeat.

If you don't try, you may never know.

And sometimes, everything waiting on the other side begins with one courageous decision:


JUST DO IT. TRY.


BUILD AFRICA THURSDAY | BUILDERS BUILD

MN COLLECTIVE | INSIGHTS UNFILTERED

BELIEVE. BRAND. BUILD AFRICA.

A builders learning + community ecosystem equipping Africans with the mindset, skills and capacity to turn ideas and problems into solutions, opportunities and impact.

THINK. CREATE. COMMUNICATE. EXECUTE. 

Less waiting. Less settling. More building.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

From Wiping Tables At Burger King to Overseeing Marketing for Three Hotels on the Kenyan Coast.

How would people describe you in two, three, four, or five words?

Commit your way to the LORD; trust in him and he will do this.” > — Psalm 37:5