A Letter to My Naive Self** ## **Rebuilding**
A Letter to My Naive Self
Rebuilding
31st July 2026 | 9:27 PM
Dear Younger Naive Me,
Tonight, I say goodbye to a love I thought would last a lifetime.
Tonight, I say goodbye to my first love ❤️ thought he would be my last.
The boy who first taught my heart what it meant to love became the man I believed I would grow old with. From the age of eighteen, I imagined a future with him. Even when life took us on different paths, a part of my heart always held onto the hope that one day we would find our way back to each other and we did.
When we rekindled our relationship seven years ago, I believed it was God's way of restoring what had been interrupted. I thought our love story was simply taking the longer road to its beautiful ending. I never imagined that the greatest and most painful lesson of my life would come from the person I trusted most.
Today, I have made the hardest decision I have ever made.
I have released the man I deeply loved not because the love disappeared, but because the truth finally arrived. The answeres came.
My heart is extremely shattered.
Not simply because I lost a relationship, but because I am grieving the future I had spent years building in my heart. I am mourning dreams, prayers, sacrifices, loyalty, and the belief that we would one day stand before God, exchange vows, and spend the rest of our lives together.
This is not just the end of a relationship.
It is the closing of my first love story. A man i compromised everything to be with.
And somehow, that makes letting go feel like saying goodbye to a part of myself.
Yet I also know this:
If God allowed this chapter to close, it is because He is writing one that is built on truth instead of deception, covenant instead of convenience, peace instead of confusion, and love that never requires me to question my worth.
I never imagined I would write these words. For years, I prayed, hoped, defended, forgave, waited, and believed. I believed that one day all the sacrifices would make sense. I believed that loyalty would eventually be rewarded. I believed that love would be enough.
Today, I let him go.
Not because I stopped loving him.
But because I finally loved myself enough to stop living a lie.
Our story began when I was eighteen years old. Like many young women, I believed in forever. Life separated us for a season, and when we found our way back to each other seven years ago, I genuinely believed God had restored what had once been lost.
We never lived together, yet we carried ourselves like husband and wife. We built memories, raised our child, dreamed about tomorrow, and spoke about "when the time is right." Every year that passed, I defended our relationship. Family questioned why we were still courting after so many years. Friends wondered why marriage never seemed to come. Why we are not living together, I always had an answer.
"We're waiting until we're financially stable."
"We're taking our time."
"We'll get there."
" At the right time it will happen"
I believed every word because I trusted the man saying them.
I did not know I was defending a future that never existed.
Three days ago, everything changed.
An accident exposed what seven years of questions never could.
In one hospital, I was introduced as the wife, just as I had always been whenever it was convenient. But when he was transferred to another hospital where his family had gathered, I was quietly asked to leave because another woman was there.
Not just another woman.
The woman.
The one who shared his daily life.
The one his family recognized.
The one they were protecting.
In a single moment, years of confusion suddenly made sense.
The secrecy.
The disappearing acts.
The overprotectiveness.
The excuses.
The accusations whenever I questioned anything.
Every instinct I had ignored.
Every dream God had shown me.
Every uncomfortable feeling I buried because I wanted love more than truth.
I finally understood.
I wasn't imagining things.
My discernment wasn't wrong.
I wasn't insecure.
I was simply being deceived.
Perhaps the hardest realization is not that he lied.
It is realizing how many times God tried to rescue me.
There were dreams.
There were warnings.
There were moments when something inside me whispered, "Something isn't right."
There were conversations that never made sense.
There were lies he told other people while I sat beside him. I remember asking him, "If you can lie so easily to others while I'm here, what makes me believe you don't lie to me when I'm not?"
The answer was right before me.
I simply wasn't ready to see it.
Love without truth becomes blindness.
Loyalty without wisdom becomes bondage.
I confused endurance with faith.
I confused waiting with obedience.
I confused silence with peace.
Looking back, I realize I wasn't waiting on God.
I was waiting on someone who had already made a choice but never had the courage to tell me.
And perhaps that is what hurts most.
Not losing him.
Losing seven years.
Losing opportunities.
Letting men walk away because I knew, believed I already belonged to someone. I was someone's.
Building my future around promises that were never meant to be fulfilled.
I mourn those years.
I mourn the dreams.
I mourn the version of me who loved so deeply that she ignored herself.
But today, something else happened.
Today, I became free.
Freedom does not always feel like celebration.
Sometimes freedom feels like heartbreak.
Sometimes freedom feels like sitting alone wondering if you will ever trust again.
Sometimes freedom feels like grieving a person who never truly existed because the version you loved was built on half-truths.
Yet even in this pain, I know one thing.
God is faithful.
The same God who revealed the truth will also heal the wounds it created.
He did not expose the darkness to shame me.
He exposed it to rescue me.
His Word reminds me:
"I will restore to you the years that the swarming locust has eaten... — Joel 2:25
I believe that promise.
I believe God restores years.
He restores peace.
He restores dignity.
He restores opportunities.
He restores joy.
He restores what deception tried to steal.
This chapter does not define my future.
It refines it.
I still believe in marriage.
I still believe in covenant.
I still believe that Godly love exists.
I refuse to let one man's choices redefine what God intended marriage to be.
Scripture says:
lHe who began a good work in me will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. — Philippians 1:6
I hold onto that promise tonight.
I also believe:
And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose."
Comments
Post a Comment