A Founder's Journey
The Story Behind MN Collective
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV)
People often ask me, "What is MN Collective?"
The truth is, MN Collective did not begin as a business idea. It began as a burden. It began as a blog. More importantly, it began as a calling that God placed in my heart long before I understood what He was preparing me for.
One moment in particular has never left me.
In 2024, I attended my very first mentorship programme by Optiven, led by George Wachiuri. It was made possible because my sister, N, believed in me enough to sponsor my attendance. To this day, I remain deeply grateful. God used her generosity to position me in that virtual room.
To my friend H, thank you for attending the physical graduation on my behalf because work commitments prevented me from being there. Your support meant more than you know.
During one of the virtual sessions, George suddenly paused and called out my name.
MN, you should become a mentor. Every weekend, you should go to schools and universities and mentor students.
I was stunned.
We had never met.
I wasn't the loudest person in class. I wasn't asking questions. As we say in Kenya, I was simply "chilling."
Yet, out of everyone in that room, he called my name.
To this day, I cannot explain why.
But I believe God can.
Perhaps George simply spoke out loud what God had been whispering quietly into my heart for years.
Helping people has never been something I force myself to do.
It is simply who I am.
Every conversation I have...
Every interview I conduct...
Every article I read...
Every business I encounter...
Every meeting I attend..
Every room I enter....
Every Person I meet....
I naturally see potential.
Where others see problems, I see possibilities.
Where others see limitations, I see gifts waiting to be developed.
I believe every single person carries God-given potential.
God did not create us to think small, live ordinary lives, and simply exist until our time on earth is over.
He created us to become everything He intended us to be.
One day, we will all leave this earth.
As the saying goes, there are only two certainties in life: taxes and death.
When that day comes, I don't believe God will ask only how much money we accumulated, what titles appeared on our business cards, what revenue we generated or whether we met every target at work. Those things have their place, but I believe He is far more interested in the people we became and the lives we genuinely impacted not ticking off checklists.
I believe He will ask different questions.
Did you become who I created you to become?
Who did you build?
Who did you lift?
Who is better because you lived? other than your immediate family and close friends.
What did you do with what I entrusted to you?
Those questions shape how I live every single day.
Anyone who knows me has heard me say these words countless times:
**I do God.**
Where He leads, I follow.
Everything I do is for His glory.
When my story is told, I want only one name to receive the glory, God's.
That is why I refuse to settle for average. When your heavenly Father is the creator of heaven and earth and everything in it.
There is simply too much purpose attached to my life.
My passion for helping others was also shaped by my own journey.
After graduating from university, I spent almost six years searching for employment while many of my classmates secured jobs almost immediately.
Those years were painful.
I understood rejection.
I understood waiting.
I understood uncertainty.
Even today, there are moments when I still wrestle with questions in my own mind.
*"Am I enough?"*Imposter Syndrome 101.
*"Can I really do this?"* Me**? How**?
*"Why me?"*
**Is this it ?**
I know what it feels like to wait for an opportunity that never seems to come.
Even today as We Build. I have the same prayer. And moments then when I desperately wished someone would simply open a door.
A mentor.
A leader.
A relative.
A destiny helper.
Anyone.
Perhaps that is why, even today, whenever I meet someone looking for work, something inside me refuses to ignore them.
That burden never left me.
While I was searching for employment, I refused to sit still.
I started a small Public Relations and Events consultancy from home. My mum fully equipped me with a home office a desktop computer, printer, office desk, chair and everything I needed to get started.
Mum, thank you for believing in me before the world did.
Most of my early clients came through friends who believed in me before I had a portfolio. I organised corporate events and weddings, including my friend B's sister's wedding.
To M and B, thank you for trusting me.
Around the same time, I also started **M Shoe Fund**.
The idea was born one morning while driving to work and college with my parents. I saw children from Tumaini School in Kiambu walking to school wearing torn shoes and worn-out school sweaters.
I couldn't stop thinking about them.
At home, I had several pairs of shoes that I was no longer using.
A few days later, using part of the pocket money my dad gave me, I went to Gikomba Market, bought school shoes and collected a few pairs from home. I then donated them to the children at Tumaini School.
That simple act changed something in me.
While serving there, I realised the children needed much more than shoes.
They needed sanitary pads.
Exercise books.
Pens.
School supplies.
Hope.
Whenever I could, I used my pocket money and any support I received to buy these essentials and take them to the school.
On one occasion, my friend T from Canada and one of her friends joined me in donating supplies to the children.
Around the same time, I also learnt about the jigger eradication campaign and reached out to **Alex Maina**, founder of the Ahadi Kenya Trust. I was only twenty years old, but I believed M Shoe Fund could partner with Ahadi Kenya by sourcing shoes for children affected by jiggers. I even visited his office to explore ways we could work together.
Looking back, I realise I have always been a builder.
I naturally look at problems and begin imagining solutions.
The idea behind M Shoe Fund was simple.
If children could not afford school shoes, perhaps together we could help.
Although both my PR consultancy and M Shoe Fund slowed down after I secured full-time employment, they revealed something important.
Even before I had resources, I already had the desire to serve.
One experience remains especially close to my heart.
As I was leaving Tumaini School one day after delivering shoes, sanitary pads, pens and other supplies many of which I had purchased using my own pocket money a young boy ran after me.
He gently tapped my shoulder.
I turned around.
He looked at me with genuine curiosity and asked,
*"Why do you do this? You don't look like someone who has a lot."*
I smiled.
Then I answered,
**"Because I desire to be a blessing."**
He looked at me and quietly replied,
**"May God bless you beyond your wildest dreams."**
I have never forgotten those words.
I still believe they were more than a child's prayer.
I believe they were a reminder that God sees what people never will.
As Scripture says,
*"No eye has seen, no ear has heard, and no human mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love Him."* **1 Corinthians 2:9**
Today, helping people rarely looks the same.
Sometimes it is introducing someone to the right employer.
Sometimes it is opening a business door.
Sometimes it is mentoring.
Sometimes it is simply listening.
Sometimes it is a hug.
Sometimes it is an encouraging text.
Sometimes it is giving away something valuable because someone else needs it more.
I remember giving away my father's sewing machine to a neighbour who wanted to start a business.
I never even asked Dad for permission.
Years later, she is still using it.
Looking back, I smile because I realise something beautiful.
The blessing never stopped with her.
It continues to multiply.
That is how God's Kingdom works.
I don't share these stories to be celebrated.
I share them because they reveal a pattern God has been writing throughout my entire life.
MN Collective is simply the continuation of that story.
It exists to help people believe in themselves, build brands that matter, create businesses that solve problems and become faithful stewards of everything God has entrusted to them.
Our mission is bigger than business.
It is about raising builders.
Builders of people.
Builders of businesses.
Builders of families.
Builders of communities.
Builders of nations.
Until every assignment God has entrusted to me is complete, I will keep believing.
I will keep building.
I will keep helping others discover what God has placed inside them.
Because success is not measured by what we achieve for ourselves.
Success is measured by how many lives are transformed because we answered God's call.
***
MN COLLECTIVE Africa 🌍
**Believe. Brand. Build.**
If, when I stand before God, I can honestly say I exhausted every gift, every opportunity, every relationship, every lesson and every assignment He entrusted to me for His glory and for the good of others then I will consider my life well lived.
Sunday, 19th 2026 5:36pm
Comments
Post a Comment