2026: I refuse to settle for mediocrity, but I also refuse to despise the season I am in
A Letter to Myself: Trusting God's Process
Sunday, 26 July 2026 | 10:31 AM
2026 has been one of the most interesting years of my life.
The year of God.
This year, I moved to a new job. One of the first things I felt God impress upon my heart was simple:
Do not announce your move. Whoever needs to know will know when the time is right.
So I obeyed.
My previous employer challenged me in many ways. The pay was good, and the role aligned with my career ambitions. I gave it my best for a year. I worked hard. I learned. I grew.
Then God led me elsewhere.
To many people, my move looked like a downgrade.
A lower title.
Significantly less pay.
A completely different season.
But to me, it was an upgrade in peace.
For the first time in a long time, I experienced a different kind of success the kind that cannot be measured by a payslip.
I have never chased money.
I chase growth.
I chase purpose.
I chase excellence.
I chase legacy.
Above all, I chase God.
Where God leads, I follow.
As long as His purpose is being fulfilled through my life and He receives the glory, then I know I am exactly where I am supposed to be.
My responsibility is simple.
Move when He says move.
Be quiet when He says be quiet.
Rest when He says rest.
Build when He says build.
Trust when He says trust.
The rest belongs to Him.
He is the Creator of heaven and earth and everything in it.
Taking less pay changes everything.
It changes how you budget.
It changes how your family lives.
It changes your decisions.
It humbles you.
Some days I ask myself difficult questions.
Why am I here?
Why does this financial cycle seem to repeat itself?
Why do I sometimes feel limited?
Today is one of those days.
I should probably be at church.
Instead, I'm sitting at home writing.
I have just enough money to either fuel my car or give an offering.
Not both.
So I talked to God.
Just like a child speaks to a loving father.
No religious performance.
No pretending.
Just honesty.
"Father, today what should I do?"
I decided to stay home, watch the service online and spend this Sunday reflecting.
Not because I don't love gathering with God's people. I was awake early to go to church but one had to give.
But because today requires wisdom.
I have come to dislike the word *broke*.
It has become such a negative label in our generation.
Instead, I simply acknowledge:
"I don't have enough today."
And that's okay.
Because today's reality is not tomorrow's prophecy.
One thing I know beyond doubt is this:
God has never failed me.
He has given me peace.
Good health.
A job. Great Opportunities.
People who love me. Family.
Daily provision.
Joy.
Shelter.
Opportunities.
Wisdom.
Even in seasons where money feels scarce, His faithfulness has never been scarce.
Looking back, my life has been a roller coaster.
Highs.
Lows.
Laughter.
Pain.
Stability.
Instability.
Victories.
Losses.
Yet through every season, God has remained constant.
A few days ago I listened to Orator Walubengo encourage people to write letters to themselves.
That is why I am writing this today.
Writing has become one of God's greatest gifts to me.
Long before anyone read my words, writing was transforming me.
Every article...
Every journal...
Every reflection...
Every thought...
God was shaping me from the inside out.
Sometimes writing earns no money.
Sometimes nobody reads it.
But every single day it changes me.
It forces me to think.
To reflect.
To learn.
To grow.
Ever since I was young, I have loved reading success stories.
I would cut newspaper articles and file them away.
Years later, I still study successful people.
Not because I envy them.
Because I want to understand the principles behind their journey.
Success leaves clues.
And so does faith.
Financially, 2026 has taught me lessons I could never have learned in abundance.
Be grateful today.
Tomorrow will take care of itself.
Give, even when you don't feel like you have much.
And if today you genuinely cannot give, don't carry unnecessary guilt.
Not every invitation requires your attendance.
Not every opportunity requires your participation.
Not every battle requires your energy.
Sometimes God simply says,
"Rest."
I have also learned not to live under the pressure of appearances.
I don't have to pretend everything is perfect.
I don't have to prove anything to anyone.
Faith is not pretending.
Faith is trusting.
I choose to speak abundance even while living through limitation because my circumstances do not define my Father.
God is not limited.
God is not operating on a budget.
God owns the cattle on a thousand hills (Psalm 50:10).
"The earth is the Lord's, and everything in it." (Psalm 24:1)
Nothing is impossible for Him (Luke 1:37).
One of my greatest prayers is that this financial cycle ends with me.
Not because I want wealth for status.
But because I want freedom to serve.
Freedom to build.
Freedom to give.
Freedom to create opportunities for others.
I want my children to inherit faith before finances, but I also want them to inherit wisdom that breaks cycles rather than repeats them.
Not by striving.
By walking with God.
One faithful step at a time.
Scriptures That Anchor Me
Seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you."
Matthew 6:33
The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want."
Psalm 23:1
And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of His glory in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:19
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding." Proverbs 3:5–6
The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it abundantly. John 10:10
"If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good things to those who ask Him!"
Matthew 7:11
Today I choose gratitude.
I choose peace.
I choose obedience.
I choose faith over fear.
I choose God's process over my own timeline.
I refuse to settle for mediocrity, but I also refuse to despise the season I am in.
Every season has a purpose.
Every lesson has value.
Every delay is preparing me for something greater.
So I will continue writing.
I will continue reading.
I will continue building.
I will continue believing.
One day at a time.
One step at a time.
One act of obedience at a time.
Because God knows exactly where He is taking me.
And He has never been late.
****
A Prayer
Heavenly Father,
Thank You for every season You have walked with me through the victories and the valleys, the abundance and the moments of lack. Thank You for Your constant presence, Your peace, and Your faithfulness that never changes.
Today, I surrender every fear about my finances, my future, and my purpose into Your hands. Align my heart completely with Your will. Teach me never to settle for less than what You have called me to become, yet help me remain content and grateful in every season.
Break every cycle that limits the generations after me. Give me wisdom to steward what You have entrusted to me, courage to obey You immediately, patience to trust Your timing, and faith to believe that You are working even when I cannot see it.
Teach me to build for Your glory, not my own. Let my life point others to Christ. May my work, my writing, my leadership, and every gift You have placed within me become instruments that reveal Your goodness to the world.
Lord, continue to lead me. I will move when You say move, be still when You say be still, build when You say build, and rest when You say rest. I trust You completely.
I declare that this is not my final destination. You are still writing my story, and Your plans for me are good.
In Jesus' mighty name,
Amen.
Chapter of a faith memoir.
Obedience, purpose, gratitude, and trusting God's process.
MN Collective Insights Unfiltered
Believe Brand Build
2026: The Year God Taught Me Peace Over Pay.
Comments
Post a Comment