Your Environment Influences your Possibilities.

Your Dream Is Valid and Possible to Achieve.

What separates people who achieve extraordinary things from everyone else?

Yesterday, I met two remarkable ladies, and our conversation challenged my thinking in ways I never expected.

We all represent luxury in different capacities. One works in the world of precious stones and gemstones. Think diamonds, emeralds, rubies, sapphires, tanzanite, alexandrite, and other rare stones that command incredible value across the world. The other works in what is considered one of the most exclusive luxury retail stores, not only in Africa but arguably in the world. I was told that the only comparable store is in New York, yet even that does not quite match the experience and exclusivity found here.

As we spoke about luxury, wealth, customers, brands, and the people who buy these products, one thing stood out above everything else: mindset.

These ladies are hardworking, humble, kind, and grounded. They do not judge people. They do not discriminate. They genuinely enjoy helping others. There is no jealousy in them. They love what they do, and their passion is evident in every conversation.

One of them told me something that stayed with me. She said her salary is practically her Uber fare to work. Even if she became significantly wealthier tomorrow, she would still wake up every morning and do the same job. Why? Because she loves the work, the relationships she is building, the network she is cultivating, and the exposure she gains every day.

That statement reminded me of my own journey when I joined my current employer. At the time, I questioned God.

"Why here? What am I expected to contribute to such a prestigious luxury brand? What value do I bring to a place that seems to already have everything?"

Today, I realize God was not simply giving me a job. He was exposing me to a different mindset.

Luxury is a mindset.

Abundance is a mindset.

Wealth is first created in the mind before it appears in a bank account.

As I listened to these ladies share their stories, I realized neither of them arrived in luxury by accident. Both had worked hard. Both had tried different things. Both had remained focused. Yet there was another common denominator.

Their environments.

Their conversations.

Their associations.

The clubs they attended.

The events they frequented.

The hotels they worked in.

The people they served.

The circles they moved in.

Golf.

Polo.

Luxury hospitality.

High-end retail.

Business leaders.

Entrepreneurs.

Investors.

Decision-makers.

The people around them influenced how they thought about life and what was possible.

I became curious and asked about the wealthy individuals they interact with daily.

How do they behave?

How do they speak?

How do they treat people?

What makes them different?

Surprisingly, they all said the same thing.

You cannot always tell who is wealthy.

Many do not look the part.

You could easily walk past them and never know their net worth.

But they recognize desperation immediately.

They are attracted to confidence.

They appreciate authenticity.

They value competence.

When selling to them, you do not need to force a sale. You do not need to oversell. You simply present value and allow the decision to happen naturally.

Confidence attracts opportunity.

Desperation repels it.

One of the ladies showed me a precious stone worth USD 140,000.

Another reminded me about a Cartier watch that she believes I will one day own.

What struck me wasn't the price.

It was her certainty.

Her confidence.

Her belief.

She spoke as though it was already done.

"If someone can believe in me," I asked myself, "why can't I believe in myself?"

That question changed everything.

I realized that before the watch comes, the mindset must come first.

Before the luxury comes, the identity must come first.

Before the opportunity comes, the preparation must come first.

One of the ladies once told me about a Cartier watch she desired from a particular collection worth approximately KES 630,000.

She said she was manifesting it.

Three weeks later, she walked into work wearing it.

The purchase did not surprise her.

She had already seen herself wearing it long before she bought it.

That is the power of belief.

That is the power of vision.

That is the power of mindset.

The more we spoke, the more I realized that the wealthy often do business with people they know, trust, and associate with.

Associations matter.

Relationships matter.

Networks matter.

Value matters.

The question becomes:

What value do you bring into the room when opportunity presents itself?

What would you say if you found yourself in an elevator with a billionaire for five minutes?

Would you be ready?

Preparation always meets opportunity.

Many people think success is luck.

Sometimes it is hard work.

Sometimes it is timing.

But often, it is preparation meeting the right opportunity.

Your next breakthrough may be hidden behind a simple act of kindness.

It may come from a guest you served well.

A relationship you nurtured.

A recommendation someone made about you when you were not in the room.

A professional interaction handled with excellence.

A door opened because of your character.

Life can change very quickly.

One conversation.

One introduction.

One opportunity.

One act of favor.

One decision.

As I continue my journey in the luxury industry, I am learning that luxury is often quiet.

Luxury is not always loud.

Luxury is confidence.

Luxury is discipline.

Luxury is relationships.

Luxury is standards.

Luxury is excellence.

Luxury is how people carry themselves.

It is their expectations.

Their associations.

Their habits.

Their thinking.

Their belief in what is possible.

Yesterday, as the world continued discussing the incredible success of Elon Musk and the growth of SpaceX, I found myself asking a simple question:

What separates people who achieve extraordinary things from everyone else?

Perhaps it starts with belief.

Perhaps it starts with refusing to limit what is possible.

Perhaps it starts with preparing long before the opportunity arrives.

Today my prayer is simple:

God, change my mindset.

Change my beliefs.

Change my actions.

Change my associations.

Expand my thinking.

Help me become everything You created me to be.

Because if a dream can exist in the mind, perhaps it can exist in reality.

Your dream is valid.

Your dream is possible.

Believe.

Prepare.

Build.

The impossible is often just something that has not happened yet.

********

Luxury is a mindset before it is money.

Associations shape your future.

Confidence attracts opportunities.

Preparation meets opportunity.

Wealth whispers; it rarely shouts.

Your environment influences your possibilities.

Faith and action must work together.

Your dream is valid and possible to achieve.

Character and kindness open unexpected doors.

Never limit what God can do through your life.

********

Featured by MN Collective

BELIEVE. BRAND. BUILD.

*******

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

From Wiping Tables At Burger King to Overseeing Marketing for Three Hotels on the Kenyan Coast.

How would people describe you in two, three, four, or five words?

Commit your way to the LORD; trust in him and he will do this.” > — Psalm 37:5