MNCOLLECTIVE; Founders Story
The Founder’s Story Behind MN Collective
Believe. Brand. Build.
I have been privileged to be exposed to different businesses, brands, leaders, and organizations throughout my life and career. Through work, observation, learning, and experience, I have had the opportunity to understand how successful people and businesses are built.
One thing I have learned is that everything in life revolves around people.
Nothing survives without people.
Even with the emergence of Artificial Intelligence, AI was created by people, is used by people, and is maintained by people. What AI has done is make execution faster, more efficient, and more seamless.
Years ago, I would spend countless hours researching, writing, and trying to structure an article or idea. Today, AI can help organize thoughts, draft ideas, and accelerate the process. It is not perfect, but it saves valuable time that can be spent focusing on other priorities and opportunities.
Life is constantly evolving.
We moved from a world without mobile phones to one where everyone carries a smartphone. We moved from traditional advertising through newspapers, television, and radio to the age of the internet, Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, and countless digital platforms.
The world evolves, and we must evolve with it.
For as long as I can remember, I have been fascinated by people who have built extraordinary things. Not from a place of comparison or competition, but from a place of curiosity and learning.
I have always wanted to understand the "how" and the "why."
How did they build it?
Why did they start?
What challenges did they face?
What mindset allowed them to succeed?
As a young person, I found myself reading newspapers (thank God for my dad whowas and still is a reader. I was exposed to information), collecting articles, studying successful businesses, admiring beautiful homes, and learning about entrepreneurs, founders, and visionaries who had built something greater than the ordinary.
Their stories inspired me.
Even throughout my career, I have never been satisfied with simply doing a job and going home.
I have always wanted to understand the bigger picture.
I wanted to understand the founder's vivision.
Why was the company started?
What problem was it solving?
What culture was being built?
What future was being created?
This perspective allowed me to align my work not just with my job description but with the goals and ambitions of the business itself.
Many people who know me understand that money has never been the primary driving force behind my career.
Impact has.
Legacy has.
Purpose has.
I have always wanted to leave things better than I found them.
I have always looked for ways to create something unique, to innovate, to pioneer, and to position organizations differently.
I love being able to say:
"I was the first to..."
"I pioneered..."
"I started..."
"I created..."
"I helped build..."
Because innovation creates impact.
One of the greatest lessons I have learned is this:
Find what sets you apart.
The world does not reward sameness.
It rewards value.
It rewards uniqueness.
It rewards those who bring something different to the table.
This curiosity also led me to spend years studying some of the world's biggest brands.
Brands like Nike, Burger King, Apple, and many others.
The truth is, they do not necessarily sell the best products in the world.
What they have mastered is positioning
They have mastered storytelling.
They have mastered branding.
They have spent decades refining who they are, what they stand for, and how they communicate their value to the world.
People buy the story.
People buy the belief.
People buy the brand.
That understanding shaped my own thinking.
When God placed the vision of MN Collective in my heart, it did not happen overnight.It has come from trying many things hustles. When God asked me what i have in my hands to build that doesn't need money or resources. This is what was built. Started by writing because I have always loved writing as I read and learn I write. But as I keep writing something bigger is been built. I don't know what this will morph to but am loving the journey and showing up.
It was built through years of reading, learning, observing, working, growing, and being exposed to different experiences.
My mindset had already been undergoing transformation for years.
That is why employment has always felt like a classroom for me.
I never viewed work only as a source of income.
I viewed it as an opportunity to learn.
An opportunity to grow.
An opportunity to understand systems.
An opportunity to develop skills.
An opportunity to prepare for something bigger.
Every role, every organization, every challenge, and every experience became part of the training ground.
I believe deeply in the scripture that says:
"The Lord will bless the work of your hands." — Deuteronomy 28:12
God blesses work.
God blesses purpose.
God blesses service.
When you pursue purpose and create value, opportunities follow.
Money becomes the by-product of value.
My belief has always been simple:
Package yourself with value and kings will seek your value.
Never stop learning.
Never reach a point where you believe you know everything.
I learn every day.
Even when I am criticized, I choose to reflect.
I ask myself:
Why was I challenged?
What can I improve?
What lesson can I learn?
How can I become better?
Criticism is not always an attack.
Sometimes it is an opportunity for growth.
Sometimes it is the mirror that reveals what we cannot see ourselves.
Every challenge has the potential to make us stronger.
As I began building MN Collective, another realization became increasingly clear to me.
The biggest achievements in history have rarely been accomplished alone.
There is wisdom in the African proverb:
"If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together."
The businesses, organizations, and movements that have scaled the most are often built through partnerships, collaboration, and collective effort.
When different people with different strengths come together around a shared vision, extraordinary things become possible.
That is the spirit behind MN Collective.
MN Collective is not being built for me.
It is being built for us. By us.
It is being built with others.
It is being built by people who believe that together we can create opportunities, build businesses, solve problems, and leave a lasting imimpact.
We are change makers.
We are builders.
We are founders.
We are dreamers.
We are history makers.
The vision for MN Collective was also born out of a challenge I have experienced repeatedly and i exprienced i looked for a job for long and i ended up doing small jobs and gigs just to be somewhere. For years I watched classmates get jobs, build businesses etc.but my search took a while. When I got my first proper job it took a complete transformation. Read my story from burgerking to overseeing three hotels as a market.
Many people reach out seeking help.
Some need jobs.
Some need opportunities.
Some need mentorship.
Some need connections.
Some simply need someone to believe in them.
What has always troubled me is being unable to help everyone in a meaningful way.
Giving temporary solutions is not enough.
A handout may solve today's problem, but empowerment can transform a lifetime.
At the same time, I have watched the growing population of unemployed young people across Africa with great concern.
When you engage these young people, you quickly realize something important:
They are talented.
They are intelligent.
They are capable.
They are skilled.
They are full of potential.
Yet many have been conditioned to believe that employment is the only path available to them.
I understand that mindset because I once lived it myself.
Employment was what I knew.
Employment was what society prepared me for.
But I have come to realize that people can be much more.
People can build.
People can create.
People can innovate.
People can lead.
People can become employers themselves.
People can transform communities.
People can solve problems.
People can create opportunities for others.
That is why MN Collective exists.
To help people believe.
To help people build.
To help people become.
To create a community where people can learn from one another, collaborate with one another, access opportunities, build brands, launch businesses, develop skills, and scale their ideas.
A community where people can find partners, mentors, collaborators, and builders who can help bring visions to life.
A community where we stop waiting for opportunities and begin creating them.
A community that believes Africa's greatest resource is not its minerals, land, or technology.
It is its people.
MN Collective is a declaration that we can do it.
We can build.
We can create.
We can grow.
We can become.
And as we rise, we can help others rise too.
This is more than a community.
This is a movement.
A movement of believers.
A movement of builders.
A movement of brands.
A movement of impact.
This is MN Collective.
Believe. Brand. Build.
Comments
Post a Comment