Reveal Your Will
Today, I found myself reflecting deeply on the Lord’s Prayer and realizing that perhaps it is one of the most powerful prayers ever given to mankind, because it carries the very heart of God surrender, trust, dependence, forgiveness, and above all, His will.
For years, I have prayed, hoped, planned, fought, and believed. Yet today, I paused and asked myself a difficult question: have I truly been seeking God’s will, or have I been asking God to bless my own will? To do my will?
There are areas in my life that feel like cycles. Seasons where it seems as though I am moving forward, only to somehow find myself pulled back again. Times when I look around and see others progressing building, flourishing, reaching milestones while year after year, not from comparison but from desiring growth. I feel stuck in certain critical areas of my life. Not one, not two, but three areas that weigh heavily on my heart.
And today, instead of asking God for my own desires, I find myself asking:
“Father, what is Your will for me?”
The Lord’s Prayer suddenly feels different today. Not like a routine prayer recited from memory or thr Bible but like a surrender.
“My Father who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name.
Your Kingdom come.
Your perfect and beautiful will upon my life be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give me this day my daily bread, and forgive my trespasses as I forgive those who trespass against me.
Lead me not into temptation, but deliver me from evil.
For Thine is the Kingdom, the power, and the glory forever and ever. Amen.”
Today, I do not pray it as a general prayer.
Today, I pray it as my Father’s prayer over my life.
Because perhaps the greatest peace in life is not found in getting everything we want, but in knowing we are walking in the will of God.
The Bible says:
“For all the promises of God in Him are Yes, and in Him Amen.”
2 Corinthians 1:20
And I hold onto that promise today.
The Word also reminds me:
“Being confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.”
Philippians 1:6
So maybe my story is not delayed.
Maybe God is still working.
Maybe heaven sees progress where I only see waiting.
And even in moments of uncertainty, my heart clings to this truth:
“I would have lost heart, unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.”
Psalm 27:13
There are days I question everything.
Days I wonder whether some struggles are family patterns repeated through generations. Patterns I have watched in relatives, in people around me, even among close friends. Sometimes I understand why people say:
“If you surround yourself with five wealthy people, you will become the sixth.”
Because environments shape mindsets. Cycles repeat themselves when they are never confronted.
But today, I stand in prayer and declare:
Every negative family pattern stops with me.
I refuse to allow cycles of stagnation, fear, limitation, confusion, failed relationships, delayed purpose, financial struggles, or emotional burdens to define my life or the generations after me.
Not my will, Father.
Your will be done.
Because what is God’s will concerning my finances?
What is God’s will concerning my business?
What is God’s will concerning my relationships, my marriage, my investments, my purpose, my future?
What is God’s will concerning every area of my life?
Today, I ask not from rebellion, but from surrender.
The Bible says:
“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
Jeremiah 29:11
And again:
“For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.”
John 3:16
And Jesus Himself reminds us:
“With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”
Matthew 19:26
So today, I choose faith over fear.
I choose surrender over control.
I choose God’s timing over anxiety.
I choose His will over my own understanding.
Because I do not want the only thing growing in my life to be my age while my purpose remains stagnant.
God, what is Your will for me?
And perhaps that is the prayer many of us need to pray today.
Not:
“God, bless my plans.”
But:
“Father, reveal Your plans.”
Not:
“God, force my will.”
But:
“Lord, let Your perfect will be done in my life.”
If you are in a season of waiting, confusion, stagnation, or unanswered questions, ask yourself the same thing today:
What is God’s will concerning this situation?
And when you do not understand the process, trust the One who sees the ending from the beginning.
Because God’s delays are not God’s denials.
And His will, even when painful, is always purposeful.
******
MN Collective Insights Unfiltered
Believe. Brand. Build
Comments
Post a Comment