My Mothers Love
On this beautiful Mother’s Day, Sunday 10th May 2026 at 10:00 a.m., my heart is full as I dedicate this piece to my mummy dearest my mother, my friend, my greatest cheerleader, and one of the strongest women I have ever known. Today, as the world celebrates mothers, I celebrate a woman whose love has carried generations, whose prayers have covered her family like a shield, and whose sacrifices can never truly be measured. This article is not just a tribute to my mother, but also to every mother whose love quietly holds families and communities together.
The Bible says in Proverbs 31:28, “Her children arise and call her blessed.” Today, mummy, we rise and call you blessed. You are the definition of kindness, warmth, resilience, and unconditional love. You have always had time for everyone family, friends, neighbors, church members, relatives, and even strangers. Your home has always been open, your table always full, your heart always ready to give. At your age, you still wake up faithfully when in yiur city house every Saturday to go clean and arrange the church, spending time in prayer and fasting for others. Your faith has taught us that motherhood is not only about giving birth, it is about service, sacrifice, and love in action.
When I look back at my life, some of my deepest memories have my mother at the center of them. I remember when I was pregnant with my first child and went through one of the hardest moments of my life. Very early one morning at around four o’clock, we boarded a public bus to the hospital while I was in unbearable pain. We did not know how the hospital bill would be paid, but my mother held my hand and looked into my eyes with a calmness that said, “We have got this. I am here. You will be okay.” She did not need many words because her presence alone was enough to give me strength. That is who my mother is. At your lowest, she holds you together until you can stand again.
My mother has always been the kind of woman who turns impossible situations around through love, faith, and determination. I remember when she bought her first car and wanted me to have it even though I was barely nineteen and terrified of driving. I remember being chased from school because of fees, and instead of allowing me to stay home defeated, she would go speak to teachers and finance offices so I could continue learning. My parents sacrificed so much to educate us, even during seasons when finances were stretched. There were times in campus when I repeated units and had to stay behind while others went home for holiday, yet they paid fees again without complaining. Their commitment was simply to give us the best life they could.
Motherhood is often seen in grand gestures, but sometimes it is found in the smallest moments. I remember nights after I gave birth when exhaustion consumed me. My mother would sleep beside me and my son. Whenever the baby cried, she would gently wake, help feed him, comfort him, clean him, and let me rest. Night after night she did this without complaining, taking care of both me and my child. Looking back now, I realize that was not just help that was pure love.
My mother has never led with fear or harshness. Even in moments when I disappointed her, she chose understanding over condemnation. I remember arriving home one night completely intoxicated. I threw up near the door and expected anger, shouting, maybe even punishment. Instead, she quietly helped me to bed. Another time she found something harmful in my bag. Many parents would have reacted with rage, but my mother simply looked at me with those eyes that speak volumes eyes filled with disappointment, concern, wisdom, and unconditional love all at once. She corrected with grace. She loved me through my mistakes instead of abandoning me because of them.
The role of mothers in our communities cannot be ignored. Mothers are the glue that keeps families together. They are counselors, prayer warriors, caregivers, providers, and silent fighters. Society is shaped by mothers who wake up every day and choose love despite exhaustion. My mother embodies this role fully. She has cared not only for her children but for relatives and friends as well. I remember how she cared for sick family members, spending nights in hospitals, checking on them constantly, praying over them, and sacrificing her own comfort for theirs. When her brother battled cancer, she and my father took him for treatment sessions week after week while still working and caring for everyone else at home. She carried burdens quietly and lovingly.
Watching my mother as a wife has also been one of life’s greatest lessons. I have watched her honor and care for my father with patience and devotion. Even after long workdays, she would wait for him in the car, open the gate for him late at night, serve him meals, and stand by him in sickness and in health. Last year when my father was unwell, I saw a version of my mother that will forever remain etched in my heart devoted, tender, prayerful, and unwavering. Their marriage taught us that love is not only spoken, it is shown daily through consistency, patience, and sacrifice.
The Bible says in 1 Corinthians 13:7, “Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.” That scripture reminds me of my mother. She has endured, hoped, prayed, and loved through every season of life. She has been our safe place, our greatest support system, and our loudest cheerleader. Even now, with grown children and grandchildren, she still calls to ask if we are okay, listens for hours, encourages us, and always ends every conversation with the words, “I love you.”
Mummy dearest, today I give you your flowers while you can still smell them. Thank you for every prayer whispered on our behalf, every sacrifice made in silence, every tear you wiped away, every burden you carried for us, and every lesson you taught us through your actions. Thank you for being not just a mother, but a friend. We would not be who we are today without your love.
As we celebrate you this Mother’s Day, my prayer is that God grants you many more beautiful years filled with good health, peace, laughter, and joy together with dad. May your sunset years truly be your best years. From me, my brother, my sister, and your grandchildren who adore you deeply we love you beyond words.
Thank you for been my beginning. My becoming and my forever. I wish to be half the woman you are.
Happy Mother’s Day to the best mother, wife, grandmother, and woman we know. You are precious. You are rare. You are deeply loved. 💐
MN Collective Insights Unfiltered
Believe. BRAND. Build
Comments
Post a Comment