Hate Lack and Poverty
When you are struggling to survive, it becomes difficult to help others meaningfully ~ MN
My story carries gratitude, ambition, faith, honesty, and a deep desire to grow beyond survival into impact. The Bible does not glorify poverty, laziness, or lack. It teaches contentment, stewardship, diligence, generosity, humility, wisdom, and using what God has given me to bless others.
Here are some important Bible verses about poverty, wealth, riches, work, and abundance.
What is Poverty?
Poverty is more than lack of money. It is limitation, struggle, inability to meet needs, and lack of capacity to help yourself or others. The Bible speaks strongly about poverty caused by laziness, lack of wisdom, oppression, or poor stewardship.
“A slack hand causes poverty, but the hand of the diligent makes rich.” The Book of Proverbs 10:4
“The soul of the lazy man desires, and has nothing; but the soul of the diligent shall be made rich.” The Book of Proverbs 13:4
“I passed by the field of the lazy man… and behold, it was all overgrown with thorns.” The Book of Proverbs 24:30–34
The Bible also teaches compassion toward the poor:
“Whoever is kind to the poor lends to the Lord.” The Book of Proverbs 19:17
What is Richness?
Richness is abundance, fruitfulness, increase, and having enough overflow to live well and bless others. True richness is not only money. It includes peace, health, wisdom, favor, family, purpose, and spiritual abundance.
“The blessing of the Lord makes rich, and He adds no sorrow with it.” The Book of Proverbs 10:22
“Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospers.” Third Epistle of John 1:2
What is Wealth?
Wealth is sustained abundance, assets, influence, opportunity, and capacity. Wealth creates impact beyond personal survival. Wealth allows people to employ others, build industries, create opportunities, support families, fund visions, and transform societies.
“But remember the Lord your God, for it is He who gives you power to get wealth.” Book of Deuteronomy 8:18
“Wealth and riches will be in his house, and his righteousness endures forever.” Book of Psalms 112:3
The Bible never says money is evil. It warns against the love of money controlling the heart.
“For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil.” First Epistle to Timothy 6:10
Money in the hands of wisdom, generosity, discipline, and purpose can bless many lives.
Is Anything Too Hard for God?
You mentioned how far God has brought you in your career. That itself is testimony.
“Is anything too hard for the Lord?” Book of Genesis 18:14
“With God all things are possible.” Gospel of Matthew 19:26
“I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” Epistle to the Philippians 4:13
Advantages of Being an Employee
Being an employee is honorable work. Employment builds discipline, experience, exposure, relationships, and stability.
Advantages:
Guaranteed salary and benefits
Stability and predictable income
Opportunity to learn systems and leadership
Professional growth and networking
Lower financial risk
Training and mentorship
Exposure to industries and opportunities
The Bible honors diligent work:
“Do you see a man diligent in his business? He shall stand before kings.”The Book of Proverbs 22:29
Disadvantages of Being Only an Employee
Limited income growth
Limited control over time
Dependence on employers
Less freedom and flexibility
Your earning potential is often capped
You help build another person’s vision more than your own
It is said: whoever controls your time often controls your life.
Advantages of Being a Business Owner
Freedom to create
Opportunity to build wealth
Ability to employ and uplift others
Flexible time and lifestyle
Greater impact and legacy
Ownership of systems and assets
Potential for generational wealth
Many billionaires think beyond salary. They think in terms of systems, industries, opportunities, and impact.
Disadvantages of Business Ownership
Risk and uncertainty
Pressure and responsibility
No guaranteed income
Long hours and sacrifice initially
Financial losses can happen
Requires discipline, resilience, and vision
Yet many builders continue because they are driven by purpose bigger than comfort.
Aliko Dangote Africas No 1 billionare is admired not simply because of money, but because he built industries, created jobs, transformed economies, and produced impact across Africa. Builders like him understand that wealth is not just accumulation, it is creation. He still works like any other employee. He is a simple man.
Many billionaires do not merely work for money. They work to solve problems at scale, create systems, and leave legacy. Wealth becomes a tool for influence and transformation.
And your reflection is powerful:
“What you make happen for others, God makes happen for you.”
That aligns with Scripture:
“Give, and it will be given to you.” Gospel of Luke 6:38
“It is more blessed to give than to receive.” Acts of the Apostles 20:35
*********************
From Employment to Impact: Refusing to Settle for Lack
I thank God deeply for the family I was born into. God, in His wisdom, placed me in a loving family with amazing parents who worked hard all their lives. My parents dedicated themselves to public service, serving in different government ministries, parastatals, and leadership roles. They taught me hardwork, integrity, excellence, discipline, responsibility, consistency, and faith.
My mother, even while employed, always had the heart of a businesswoman. She constantly tried her hand in business, selling something here and there, looking for opportunities beyond employment. My father, on the other hand, rose through senior leadership positions in government through diligence and excellence.
Looking at my life today, I realize I have followed a similar path. Like my parents, I became an employee. Like my mother, however, my heart has always desired something beyond a paycheck. Deep within me has always been a desire to build, create, and establish something impactful something that can outlive me and bless others.
There is absolutely nothing wrong with employment. Employment is honorable. It provides stability, structure, experience, relationships, and guaranteed income. Through employment, many of us have survived, grown, lnvested, earned, and supported our families. I am grateful for every employer, every opportunity, every office, every title, every salary, and every experience God has allowed me to have.
But I also came to understand something important an employer may pay you a salary, but your future is often determined by what you do beyond that salary. Wealth is not merely earned it is built through vision, discipline, stewardship, and value creation.
For years and todate, I have studied the lives of successful people and billionaires. I constantly ask myself , Why are they billionaires and not me? What are they doing differently? What disciplines do they have? How do they think? What problems are they solving? What drives them? How did they get there? Others sre first time whilst others had a foundation by their families.
I realized that many wealthy people do not simply work for money. They work for impact. They think beyond themselves and their families. They build systems, industries, companies, opportunities, and solutions that affect millions of lives. People like Aliko Dangote did not become successful by thinking only about survival. They built industries that created jobs, transformed economies, and changed lives across Africa.
That shifted my thinking completely.
I no longer desire success only for comfort. I desire abundance so that I can become a blessing to others. Poverty and lack are painful because they limit capacity. When you are struggling to survive, it becomes difficult to help others meaningfully. Poverty can create strain, stress, dependency, frustration, and limitation. It can imprison dreams and reduce vision.
I hate lack because I know God did not create human beings merely to survive. I believe God created us to flourish, multiply, create, build, dominate, and impact the world positively.
This does not mean despising humble beginnings. It means refusing to remain limited mentally, spiritually, financially, or emotionally.
I desire a life of abundance in every area spiritually, mentally, physically, emotionally, financially, and purposefully. I want the freedom to maximize my gifts, manage my time wisely, and build something meaningful aligned in zgids purpose. I want to create opportunities for others the same way opportunities were once created for me.
The older I grow, the more I realize that success is never final. Every level reveals another level. Every achievement reveals another possibility. The heights I have reached in my career are places I once thought impossible. Yet God, through grace, favor, strength, and mercy, qualified me for rooms I never imagined entering.
It has never been by my own power alone.
And if God has brought me this far, then greater things are still possible.
The Bible says, “Is anything too hard for the Lord?” Absolutely not.
I believe God can bless His children abundantly. I believe wealth, when guided by wisdom and righteousness, can become a tool for transformation. I believe excellence honors God. I believe diligence opens doors. I believe discipline changes lives. I believe giving is powerful. And I believe that what we make happen for others, God can also make happen for us.
So I refuse to settle for limitation.
I choose growth over comfort.
I choose impact over excuses.
I choose abundance over lack.
I choose vision over fear.
I choose faith over doubt.
I choose to build.
And through it all, I remain grateful because every opportunity, every lesson, every struggle, every job, every delay, and every breakthrough has been part of God’s process in shaping me for greater purpose.
I know I will see God's goodness in the land of the living and will not settle for less 🙏 .
My life story already shows gratitude and vision. I am thankful for my parents, my upbringing, my employers, the opportunities accorded to me, and the grace of God. Yet I refuse to settle for survival alone. That desire for more is not necessarily greed when rooted in purpose, it can become vision.
I want abundance spiritually, mentally, physically, financially, and emotionally. I want freedom, impact, excellence, and capacity to help others. I want to move from hand-to-mouth living into overflow. I want to create opportunities the same way opportunities were created for you.
End..
Whatever a man thinketh so is he.. ...
Think bigger......
Comments
Post a Comment