Find Joy In Every Season
Living for the Moment
Trusting God Through Every Season
Today as I wake up, I am reminded of this verses:
“I lift up my eyes to the mountains where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth.” Psalms 121:1
Isaiah 46:4
I have made you and I will carry you. I will sustain you and I will rescue yoi.
Deuteronomy 31:8
The lord himself goes before you and will be with you. He will not leave you nor forsake
1 Samuel 7:12
See how far I have brought you and I can do it again.
This is my God...
Who is your God? Like your father and mother? Do you have a reference to the God you have experienced.
I look back at how far God has brought me, and I know the same God who helped me before will help me once again. This is not coming from a place of desperation because of the season am in. Iam genuinely at peace and happy.
The Bible speaks so much about tomorrow and how none of us truly knows what tomorrow holds. We spend so much time worrying, saving, planning for safety, and forgetting to actually live life and embrace the moment we have now.
“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.” Matthew 6:34
None of us knows our next minute or even our next second, let alone tomorrow.
God is fully present. God is not limited. God is not operating on a budget when it comes to us/ me. God does not sit in management meetings calculating expenditure and forecasting. He is God Creator of heaven and earth and everything in it. (THAT IS MY GOD)
Many times in the Bible, God came through for people in miraculous ways. This is not to dispute hard work, discipline, or showing up daily. Even the Bible reminds us:
“A little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands to rest and poverty will come on you like a thief.” Proverbs 6:10
Do your part. Show up. Work hard. Pursue excellence. Then leave the rest to God.
God can change your life in a split second.
Yesterday I watched a video of a lady who was healthy, active, loved the gym, travelled, worked, played with her daughter, and enjoyed life. Then one day in January 2025, everything changed after a spinal injury. She did not even fully explain what happened, but from that day her life changed completely.
And that is life.
Things can spiral for good or for worse very fast.
Last year around this same time, I was in a better financial space. I could comfortably handle my basics. I could service my car easily, pay insurance comfortably, fuel my car full tank without struggle, go to the gym consistently, take my kids out, and support my parents ETC.
But despite all that, I was not at peace.
There was so much uncertainty, pressure, and heaviness where I was working then.
Today, I may not be financially comfortable. I am stretched. Some things I used to do easily now require sacrifice and planning. But I have peace.
And honestly, I traded finances for peace.
Last year I had some financial comfort but no peace. Today I have peace, clarity, and gratitude even though finances are tight.
I am grateful for both seasons.
Because even now, in this season of strain, I have time to focus on God’s purpose for my life.
In this lack, I am learning gratitude more deeply. I am learning to appreciate what I have now instead of obsessing over tomorrow. I am learning to pursue greatness even while stretched. I am learning not to despise small beginnings.
I had acquired a small space to start a business doing something I genuinely love. But as I write this today, I am in rent arrears. Yet even in this season, I am learning not to sweat the small stuff.
If I cannot afford it, I cannot afford it.
I am grateful to the landlord who has shown me grace for two months as I decide whether to keep the space or release it. This landlord is neither family nor friend. There are still good people in this world.
May God bless such people.
And I also believe grace has a way of returning to us. The grace you extend to others somehow finds its way back to you, even through strangers and unexpected situations.
As I wait on God for direction concerning this business space, however it turns out, I consider it all joy. I know God still has great plans for me.
I may not be going to the gym right now like I used to, but I am finding alternatives walking more, eating better, spending more time outdoors, indoors with my kids etc. Last year I developed discipline and consistency with wellness, not to lose weight, but to make wellness a lifestyle.
I was under immense pressure then, and I thank God for a supportive partner who encouraged and supported that wellness journey.
Today, one month without stepping into the gym, I miss it deeply. But I also appreciate what it taught me and how it transformed how I feel physically and mentally. I cant wait to get back.
So again I say: live for the moment.
Enjoy every season of your life.
Today I may be financially stretched with many dreams and responsibilities ahead of me, but I am embracing gratitude more than ever before. I am focusing more on becoming more despite what I lack.
I am learning full dependence on God.
And in these moments you also learn something powerful as much as people may want to help you, everyone has their own life and battles too. People may care, but often from a distance.
You must also help yourself.
Do something daily. Not tomorrow. Now.
I always say: if you want to see your tomorrow, look at what you are doing today.
And another one of my beliefs is this: input determines output.
I am not where I am by chance, and my future will not happen by chance either. It will be determined by what I choose to do now.
So I am learning to live for today. To give my best now. To maximize every opportunity now.
Every opportunity on earth is a chance to:
be better,
do better,
aim higher,
show up more,
pursue excellence,
and become more.
That lady with the spinal injury still pushes through recovery because she desires to raise her daughter. Some people would have given up, but she still has hope and energy for life.
So what about you?
You are healthy. Your body works. You can still dream. You can still move. You can still try again.
Do all you can to become all that God created you to be.
Every day we hear stories. Today someone lacks, tomorrow they are in abundance. Today someone is fine, tomorrow life changes completely. Today you are in power tomorrow you are not.
No situation is permanent.
Seasons come and go.
And I am becoming more grateful in every season because I choose to find the lessons and beauty in each one.
There is no time for pity parties.
Pick yourself up and move.
There is also no need to constantly show the world your brokenness seeking sympathy. Cry if you need to. Feel the emotions. But do not dwell there.
Learn to laugh even in the rain.
If life gets muddy, learn to laugh in the mud too.
Life is meant to be lived.
Previously, when finances got tight, I would borrow money expecting my salary to sort everything out later. But that became a cycle of debt and pressure.
Now I am learning to live within my means.
If I do not have, then I simply do not have.
I can walk into a supermarket today and only buy what is necessary and what I can afford. And honestly, there is peace in accepting reality instead of pretending.
I am especially grateful for my mother in this season. She has been one of my greatest support systems. She constantly reminds me:
“We are in this together.”
And when my mother says she has your back, she truly means it.
She keeps encouraging me to survive with what I have for now and trust God through the process. Other than my children, If my parents are fine am fine.
It's always a big relief anytime I call her and she calls and tells me " Usijali tuko poa" In English means . Don't worry we are fine with dad. My parents sacrificed everything for me ofcourse with God's help and as long as my heart beats with God's help 🙏 its my desire to see them happy and enjoying their sunset years.
And maybe that is the lesson in all this.
Live fully. Trust God fully. Show up fully.
Because tomorrow is not promised.
God already asked Moses:
“What is that in your hand?”
Book of Exodus
Meaning: start with what you already have.
Do not wait for perfection.
Do not wait for abundance before you begin living.
I am showing up looking like a billion bucks even in my lack. I am giving more. Focusing more on now. Living for the moment knowing tomorrow will take care of itself as long as I am doing my part and leaving the rest to God.
It is possible to find happiness in every season.
Find your joy from within first, and the world will eventually mirror that back to you.
Life is to be lived and enjoyed your way.
MN Collective Insights Unfiltered
Believe. Brand. Build
Comments
Post a Comment