DIFFERENT

**"In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth."**  Genesis 1:1

I have always loved beginnings. (Second half)

The beginning of a new day. A new week. A new month. A new year. A new season.

And just as I love beginnings, I also value endings. At the end of every day, week, month, or season, I intentionally pause to look back with gratitude. I reflect on where God has brought me from, what He has taught me, and how He has carried me through.

As May 2026 came to an end and a new month approached, I found myself doing what I often do at the beginning of a season seeking God's direction and word for the new season or beginning. Before I seek plans, goals, or ambitions, I seek His will.

I have come to believe that one of the most important things we can normalize as believers is seeking God's guidance daily. Not only for the big decisions, but even for the ordinary details of life.

The Bible says:

*"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths."* Proverbs 3:5-6

That Thursday morning, as I committed my day and plans to God, asking Him to order my steps, I felt led to the garage and later go for a walk in Karura Forest. The challenge was that I had never gone to Karura alone before. I have always gone with family, friends, or other people. Going alone felt unusual. Felt DIFFERENT. 

I asked someone if they could accompany me, but they were unavailable.

Should I still go alone?

The answer in my spirit was yes.

The day itself seemed determined to frustrate those plans. I had to take my car to the garage, expecting a quick one-hour stop. Instead, it became a four-hour ordeal.

Everything appeared to be working against the idea of going to Karura. After spending hours dealing with the car, I had every reason to cancel.

But once again, I felt God asking me to go.

My body was tired. My mind was reluctant. But my spirit was determined.

So I obeyed.

I drove to Karura alone.

It was a weekday afternoon. There were very few people around. At times, I would walk for nearly twenty minutes or more without seeing another person.

The deeper I went into the forest, the quieter it became.

The trees swayed gently.

The air was still.

It was so quiet I felt as though I could hear a leaf fall to the ground.

Later, my sister asked me, "Weren't you scared being alone in a forest?"

Surprisingly, I wasn't.

In fact, the deeper I walked, the more peaceful I felt.

As I walked, I continuously called upon the name of Jesus. I worshipped. I prayed. I sang.

One song kept rising in my spirit:

**"God will make a way, where there seems to be no way."**

I don't know why that particular song came to me, but it stayed with me throughout the walk.

The more I worshipped, the more confidence I felt.

The further I walked, the stronger my faith became.

Eventually, after almost ten kilometres of walking, I reached the junction leading to the waterfall.

I took the downhill path and eventually arrived.

The waterfall was beautiful.

The rushing water.

The trees.

The serenity.

The sound of nature.

A few families and couples were scattered around, likely enjoying the recent Eid holiday period.

I found a quiet corner near the water and simply stood there.

Watching.

Listening.

Reflecting.

Admiring God's creation.

And then I asked Him:

"Lord, why did You bring me here?"

"What do You want?"

"Tell me something."

"Speak to me."

Of course, God doesn't always speak through a loud voice from heaven.

Sometimes He speaks through a gentle whisper.

Sometimes through discernment.

Sometimes through a knowing deep within.

As I stood there, one word came into my spirit:

**Different.**

I asked, "What do You mean, different?"

Again, the word came.

**Different.**

Then I sensed God saying:

*"Seek to see Me differently."* You will see me Differently...

I paused.

"What does that mean?"

Again, I sensed:

*"Seek to see Me differently and you will see Me differently."*

I began thinking about how I had known God all my life.

The same prayers.

The same patterns.

The same expectations.

The same ways of approaching Him.

Then I told God:

"I want to see the God of the Bible."

The miracle-working God.

The healer.

The redeemer.

The God who fed five thousand people with five loaves and two fish.

The God of Sarah.

The God of Hannah.

The God of the woman with the issue of blood.

The God with whom all things are possible.

The Alpha and the Omega.

The Beginning and the End.

The Creator of heaven and earth.

I want to see that God alive and active in everyday life.

And in my spirit, I felt Him say:

**"That is the different."**

Not just for June.

Not just for the next month.

But for the next season of life.

I sat there processing the word.

Praying.

Listening.

Reflecting.

Then I began my journey back.

As I walked uphill, another thought dropped into my spirit:

**"If you want to see Me differently, what are you willing to do differently?"**

Not from a transactional perspective.

Not as a formula.

But as an invitation.

An invitation to growth.

An invitation to deeper faith.

An invitation to trust.

There is a saying:

*"If you keep doing the same things the same way, you will keep getting the same results."*

Perhaps God was inviting me into something new.

To pray differently.

To trust differently.

To seek differently.

To obey differently.

To show up differently.

I asked Him:

"But how?"

"I fast."

"I pray."

"I read the Bible."

"I go to church."

"I try to obey the word."

"What is the different?"

And once again, I sensed Him saying:

*"I will guide you."*

Just as Proverbs promises:

*"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths."*

As I continued walking, another song suddenly rose within me:

**"We want to see Jesus lifted high, a banner that flies across this land."**

The moment that song entered my spirit, something changed.

I felt energized.

I began running.

Not sprinting.

Not racing.

Just running steadily.

Freely.

Joyfully.

I cannot remember another time in my life when I had run for such a long stretch.

As I ran, I sensed God saying:

"You have never run like this before."

"You have never come to Karura alone before."

"Everything about you will be different."

"And My manifestation in your life will be different."

"You will see Me differently."

I laughed.

I smiled.

And I kept going.

Eventually, I reached my car.

Before leaving Karura, I called my mother.

My parents and sister had travelled to Machakos earlier that day, and I simply wanted to know whether they had returned home or gone to visit my brother.

To my surprise, they told me they were already on Kiambu Road the same road I was about to join.

As I drove out of Karura, I called again.

My mother mentioned that they had just passed the DCI headquarters.

At that exact moment, I glanced into my rear-view mirror.

And there they were.

My sister's car.

My parents.

Directly behind me.

Of all the roads.

Of all the timings.

Of all the moments.

We had ended up on the same road, at the same time, without planning it.

Some people might call it coincidence.

I don't.

I have learned that God often speaks through details.

For me, it felt like confirmation.

A reminder that I was aligned with Him.

That He had spoken.

That He was leading.

And somehow, in that moment, seeing my family behind me felt like heaven's gentle way of saying:

*"We are in agreement."*

As I drove home, I carried one word with me.

**Different.**

Not striving.

Not forcing.

Not performing.

Simply trusting.

Trusting that as I seek Him differently, I will know Him differently.

And as I know Him differently, I will see His hand differently.

This season is not about doing more.

It is about walking with God at His pace, in His way, and according to His leading.

And perhaps that is where the different begins.

Happy New Month. Happy New Second Quarter 2026

****

MN Collective Insights Unfiltered 
Believe. Brand. Build 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

From Wiping Tables At Burger King to Overseeing Marketing for Three Hotels on the Kenyan Coast.

How would people describe you in two, three, four, or five words?

Commit your way to the LORD; trust in him and he will do this.” > — Psalm 37:5