Becoming My Best Self: A Journey of Alignment, Growth, and God’s Gentle Teaching
Lately, life has been teaching me in ways I am still learning to fully understand. I am beginning to see that life is beautiful when you embrace it in whatever form it presents itself. God works in mysterious ways, and sometimes the answers to our deepest desires come in ways we do not recognize at first. What once felt hard is now revealing meaning. What felt like delay is beginning to look like growth. And I am learning that growth is not always gentle it can be uncomfortable, even brutal but it is always purposeful.
There is something powerful about waking up with a new kind of awareness. A quiet realization has been forming in me what if I simply showed up every day as the best version of myself, without expecting anything from anyone or from the world? To be grateful, intentionally happy, positive, seek joy, giving, driven, kind, and loving not because of what I will receive in return, but because that is who I choose to be. I am learning to let go of the idea that people owe me anything, or that the world must respond to me in a certain way. Instead, I am choosing to focus inward, to build myself fully, and to stop pouring from an empty place.
Part of this journey is learning to fix myself with honesty and humility. To look inward without blame or denial. To fall and rise. To grow without ego. To understand that becoming better is not about perfection, but about willingness, willingness to unlearn, to heal, and to evolve. I am learning that humility is strength, not weakness. It is the quiet courage to admit where I need growth and to do something about it and appreciate the journey.
And in that process, I am learning something even deeper be good to yourself first. Treat yourself with the same patience, grace, and kindness you often give others. Heal yourself. Speak gently to yourself. Take care of your mind, your spirit, and your peace. Because when you are well within, you naturally extend that goodness outward. Not conditionally, not selectively but consistently.
I am learning that I can be good to others whether they are good to me or not. Not because I am naΓ―ve, but because I refuse to let external behavior change my internal character. My kindness is no longer dependent on response. My peace is no longer dependent on approval. I can love, I can give, and I can show up well but I do not abandon myself in the process.
My mornings are slowly becoming more intentional. Before reaching for my phone or getting caught in the noise of social media, I am learning to sit with myself. To be still. To listen. To start my day with gratitude and affirmations of who I am becoming. It is in those quiet moments that I feel more aligned, more present, and more aware of what truly matters. I want to live a life that is not cluttered by comparison or distraction, but rooted in purpose and peace.
The Bible says, “Write the vision and make it plain” (Habakkuk 2:2). I am beginning to understand that clarity of vision is not just about goals, but about identity who I choose to become daily. Over the past few years, I have realized how much I used to focus on everyone else except myself. I gave my energy outward without first nurturing my inner self. But as I grow, one truth is becoming clearer my priority is me, not in selfishness, but in responsibility. I purpose to show up well for me first, not for the world, not for approval, not for validation.
I am learning not to be moved by moods, expectations, or the actions of others. People will show up how they are able to, not always how I expect them to. And that is okay. Not everything is personal. Not every absence is rejection. Not every silence is lack of love. I am learning to release grudges, to stop overanalyzing, and to simply allow people to be who they are while I remain committed to becoming who I am called to be and the best version while at it.
There is a truth I am sitting with deeply no one can be my source of happiness. Not people, not work, not titles. not money, not achievements. These things can add to life, but they cannot define it. My joy must be built from within. Because when everything external is stripped away, what remains is me, my faith, and God. And that is enough to rebuild anything.
*****
I think often about my parents. Over the years, I have prayed for them deeply asking God to bless their later years with peace, joy, and fulfillment. Declared that there later years are the best on earth. And I have slowly begun to witness those prayers manifest in ways that remind me of the power of faith and consistency in prayer. As I see their lives unfold, I find myself wishing the same grace over my own journey that my later years, my today and tomorrow will be even more beautiful than my early ones. That my tomorrow will be better than my today. Grateful my today is awesome.
My future version am relieving today. Live today like the way you want your tomorrow to be. Give life now the best shot now. Savor the current moment fully.
Jesus reminds us of what matters most:
“Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind… and love your neighbor as yourself” (Matthew 22:37)
Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry.
This is not transactional. Love others as you love yourself. ❤️ Love unconditionally ❤️ π π ♥️ π π ❤️ π π ♥️ π π ❤️ π π ♥️ π π
Comments
Post a Comment